What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that have an essential role for the provision of numerous services of the information society. Among others, they allow a web pagestore and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his team and, depending on the informationobtained, can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and treat the data obtained, we can distinguish two types:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or managed domain by the editor himself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that treats the data obtained through the cookies.
In the case that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information that is collected through these is managed by a third party, can not be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client’s browser:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as: controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, performing the purchase process of an order, the application for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation,storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: allow the user to access the service with some general predefined character characteristics according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which to access the service, the regional configuration from which to access to service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of theusers of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies isused in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the preparation of profilesnavigation of the users of the sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they store information on users behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Modification of the configuration. Deactivation and elimination of cookies
You have the option to allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. When you disable cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser’s Help menu where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies he/she wants to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en-GB
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
Cookies used in www.barracuda-yd.com
Next, the cookies that are being used in this portal are identified, as well as their typology and function:
Third party cookies
_otui / _ots / _otpe / _otor / _otcy / _otrn / _otcn / machine-id (persistent, 1 day to 2 years).
Purpose: These cookies are used to store information, such as at what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, the city, region and country from which you came to our page and what site referred you to it. Besides, they allow us to track how you move through the site in real time to make sure we’re providing useful and relevant content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
- Social media: Each social media uses its own cookies so you can click on buttons such as Like or Share. We use the plugin Sassy Social Share, wich means that:
- cookie_notice_accepted (persistent, 1 month).
Developer: Cookie Notice & Compliance for GDPR / CCPA of Hu-manity.co
Purpose: This cookie remembers if the warning message about cookies has been accepted to stop showing it during the time it is active.
- wordpress_test_cookie (session, session).
Purpose: WordPress sets this cookie when you navigate to the login page. The cookie is used to check whether your web browser is set to allow or to reject cookies.
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy